As a satellite office in Port Clinton, Ohio, our staff and volunteers raise money for community needs right here in Ottawa County. From funding for after-school programs in Benton-Carroll-Salem Local Schools and Port Clinton City Schools, to developing and collaborating with partners –we are constantly striving to ensure ALL Ottawa County residents have what they need to succeed.
Money Raised Here, Stays Here
Learn more about the education partners and programs we support in Ottawa County.
Learn more about the financial stability partners and programs we support in Ottawa County.
Our Local Teams
We are proud of the many passionate community leaders who help lead the work of United Way in Ottawa County! We wish we could name them all, but there are just too many. Read below to learn about a few the community change makers helping to drive our work forward.
- Ottawa County Advisory Board
- Corporate Supporters
- Foundation & Partners Grants
- Community Forums and Local Coalition Advocacy Efforts
Our Ottawa County Advisory Council and Community Solutions Teams meet once a month to help make decisions around raising money, investing money, and supporting local programs and projects. Our current volunteer group includes:
- Hayward Evans
- Alison Falls
- Kathy Gallogly
- Lynne O’Neal
- April Schalk
- Amy Skolnik
- Cindy Staudt
- Jacquie Wells
More than 50 companies in Ottawa County run United Way campaigns to raise dollars for local nonprofit / community-based programs. Each company has a passionate leader helping coordinate the logistics of a fundraising campaign. We could not do this without them!
Our top 5 corporate supporters and their in-house champions currently include:
- Materion – Brush Performance Alloys, Carrie Bringman
- US Gypsum Company, Michaela Valenta
- Port Clinton City School District, Jan Gluth
- Civista Bank, Kelli Lottman
- Huntington Bank, Lee Vivod
- Catawba Bay Development, Pat O’Sullivan
- Portage Resale Center
- Huntington Bank
United Way in Ottawa County advocates for residents through local coalitions such as:
- Ottawa County Health and Social Concerns
- Ottawa County Family and Children First Council
- Ottawa County Early Childhood Collaborating Committee
- Ottawa County Task Force on Aging
- Ottawa County Business Advisory Council
- Port Clinton Chamber of Commerce
- Marblehead Chamber of Commerce
- Oak Harbor Chamber of Commerce
United Way in Ottawa County also leads Circle of Influence events—community forums bringing together like-minded service organizations to create efficiencies and expand support for our Ottawa County residents.
Sponsor Imagination Library in Ottawa County
Give to Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library in Ottawa County and help a child receive a free book
Join the United Way in Ottawa County Mailing List
Receive the latest United Way in Ottawa County news and updates directly to your inbox!
Connecting Residents to Services
United Way in Ottawa County proudly serves the residents of Ottawa County. Our health and human service nonprofit fights to strengthen education, financial stability, health and housing resources for every child, adult and family.