United Way Emerging Leaders’ mission is to inspire the next generation of philanthropic leaders and to strengthen our community through meaningful service, leadership development and networking opportunities for young professionals.
We focus on engaging our members in hands-on volunteer opportunities so we can give back to our community and learn more about the organizations we support with our United Way of Greater Toledo gifts.
When you join United Way Emerging Leaders, you’ll become connected to like-minded, compassionate young professionals all working towards the same goal to change the odds for our neighbors in need. In addition, you gain:
- Exclusive mentorship opportunities to connect with influential local leaders through a structured Tocqueville Mentorship Program.
- Meaningful community volunteer opportunities with other young professionals.
- An increased understanding of our community needs and the resources made available through your philanthropic contribution.
Join Emerging Leaders by donating $250 or more to United Way.
Our Community Impact
Our hands-on programming is structured to provide multiple opportunities to give back to our community while also seeing our community’s needs. Together we have:
- Packed hundreds of stocking stuffers and household essentials at our annual holiday gathering.
- Given thousands of volunteer hours to local community organizations through our bi-monthly volunteer opportunities.
- Raised more than $7,832 through fundraising events since its inception in June 2014.
For more information, email us at email@example.com
“Because of Emerging Leaders I feel more connected to our community, and, I know I can make an impact in its future!”
~ Kaitlin Mikula, Emerging Leaders Executive Committee Co-chair