- A Place to Belong: The Impact of Affordable, High-Quality Childcare
- When Dreams Collide: Exploring Career Possibilities
- Rough Waters: Navigating Life’s Challenges to Keep Families Connected
- An Early Arrival: Pacing Hospital Rooms to Playing at the Park
- Reflections of Fatherhood: Facing the Past with the Support of our Community
- Coming Out of Your Shell: Finding Confidence from Camp
- No Small Thing: A Back-to-school Story
- There’s Still Hope: Not Giving Up on our Communities
- Lost and Found: Financial Challenges in Accessing Quality Educational Childcare
- Hubs: A Four-Letter Word, Changing Student Lives
- It Can Be Done: The Positive Power of Community Partnerships
- Finding Purpose: A Story of Addiction and Support
- When Everything Turns to Ash: Rebuilding Families After a Disaster
- A Safe Home for Janie: A Mother’s Fight to Protect Her Daughter
- Answering the Call: A Family's Struggle with Long-Term Housing
- Breaking Free: Helping Victims of Domestic Violence Start Over
- A Step Forward: One Man’s Pathway Toward Health and Housing
- When There’s Nowhere to Turn: Coordinated Entry through 2-1-1
Tuesday, February 12, 2019
Together, we packed up the few belongings we had and traveled cross-country, arriving in Toledo on New Year’s Eve, ready for a fresh start. Step 1: look for jobs. Step 2: call United Way 2-1-1. In fact, that’s how we found La Posada Family Emergency Shelter...
Tuesday, February 5, 2019
Many of my students come to me with some version of the same statement: “I don’t know how to solve this.” What they’re really saying, though, is that they don’t know where to start. That’s what holds back most average students—they just don’t know where to begin.
Thursday, January 31, 2019
This job is not an easy one, but it is rewarding beyond measure. It is an honor to be invited into the lives of survivors, during their most vulnerable and difficult times. It is an honor to share their stories with you today.