Continue United Food Challenge
Contest Entry: 4/3 – 4/28
First Round: 5/1 – 5/8
Final Round: May 24 at Sofia Quintero Art & Cultural Center
Final contestants will recreate their dishes for a panel of judges and audience members
In an effort to bring awareness to the Greater Toledo food pantry network and its challenges, Continue United is proud to host a community-wide cooking competition. Community members will compete on behalf of a food pantry in Lucas, Ottawa or Wood County for an ultimate prize.
The rising costs of grocery store items and the expiration of pandemic-related SNAP benefits are forcing our local food pantries to serve more families than ever. This challenge will bring awareness to the food pantry network and encourage greater support from the community.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Fill out the entry form and pay a $35 donation fee
- Create a dish using the required ingredients
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org a picture of your dish, recipe list, and the food pantry are representing. *If you need assistance finding a pantry, visit the 211 Database and look for the one closest to your zip code.
- Follow Continue United on Facebook and share your dish and try to get the most likes, comments & shares!
- Protein (meat, tofu, etc.)
- Grain/Starch (noodles, pasta, rice, etc.)
- Canned good
- Must cost $30 or less
- Can feed a family of four
$200 gift certificate to a local restaurant and
Donation to the food pantry you represented
Like us on Facebook!
Email Continue United
Please send a picture of your dish, a copy of your recipe and the food pantry you’re representing to enter the Continue United Food Challenge.