Job Title: Centralized Intake Coordinator
Department: Community Outreach Services
Reports To: Program Director, United Way 2-1-1
FLSA Job Status: Full-Time - Exempt
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
The purpose of this position is to provide screening, diversion, and intake services for homeless individuals and families and provide coordination of a centralized access system. This will be accomplished by assisting families in accessing community and personal resources that will enable them to be successful in preventing or resolving homelessness. The Centralized Intake Coordinator will actively collaborate with the goals and objectives set forth by the Toledo Lucas County Homelessness Board, United Way, and local agencies that serve the homeless and provide housing and support services.
• Provide centralized access services to homeless individuals and families including screening and assessment, diversion, and assignment to programs and services
• Assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive assessment tool
• Assist in the development and implementation of procedures and processes
• Ensure all required and requested documentation and reports are completed within required timelines
• Collaborate with community resources to assist clients
• Support community leaders, consumers, service providers, in the Continuum of Care to end homelessness.
• Maintain accurate and required records of all program and client services
• Actively participate in 2-1-1 , Toledo Lucas County Homelessness Board, and other meetings as assigned by management
• Provide services in the community when requested and as needed
• Assist clients in identifying community and personal resources
• Support clients in making necessary appointments with community resources
• Other duties as deemed necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Licensed social worker
• Minimum of 2 years working in the non profit field
• Experience with homeless services and systems preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
• Works appropriately and enthusiastically with others and responds appropriately in interpersonal situations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-starter, independent worker and willing to take initiative.
• Must be able to perform duties in the office and in the field when requested
• Knowledge and ability to conduct client intake
• Knowledge of community resources;
• Maintain client confidentiality;
• Participate as a team member in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
• Must be proficient in Microsoft word, excel, PowerPoint with a willingness to learn new databases
• Must be able to perform statistical analysis on an intermediate level.
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must be able to perform duties in difficult and challenging environments
• Must be able to train others, including volunteers and have strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be able to manage and complete multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously on a continuous basis
• Must support the overall mission and strategies of United Way while working within a community collaborative to end homelessness.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter with salary requirements along with a resume.