STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
Coordinate United Way’s mission to engage Wood County residents by coordinating community conversations and matching volunteers with appropriate opportunities with local non-profit organizations. Other work will include organizing large service days, trainings, and various outreach opportunities to increase the involvement of volunteers in Wood County.
- Coordinate the efforts of United Way Volunteer Center (UWVC) to provide training, educational opportunities, technical support for web-based software programs and materials to both agencies and volunteers.
- Plan, coordinate and implement community conversations throughout service area.
- Identify outreach opportunities to increase the involvement of volunteers with Bowling Green State University as well as the surrounding Wood County area. Assist with the planning and implementation of days of service including United Way Day of Caring, Make a Difference Day, National Volunteer Week, 4th of July, Global Youth Service Day, and other events.
- Document success stories to be used in featured articles for the Volunteer Center and collect statistical data for required Volunteer Center reports.
- Assist with the planning and execution of the annual Wood County Volunteer Recognition Breakfast.
- Makes presentations on volunteerism and the Volunteer Center as needed.
- Additional duties as deemed necessary
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma required, college degree preferred
- Experience in the non-profit sector
- Experience working with volunteers
- Works appropriately and enthusiastically with others and responds appropriately.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule outside of standard office hours.
- Demonstrated relationship building skills.
- Demonstrate skill in setting objectives and managing oral and written communications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including public speaking and writing.
- Commitment to the ideals of volunteerism and ability to assist in program development.
- Must be imaginative, flexible and able to work with minimal supervision initiating priorities and setting objectives.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft word, excel, PowerPoint with a willingness to learn new internal databases.
- Must be able to train others in use of on-line web based software modules for volunteer opportunities and agency “matching”.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter with salary requirements along with a resume.
View a pdf version of this document here.