STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
The Grant Officer supports the mission of United Way of Greater Toledo by identifying, writing, managing and monitoring various grant opportunities that align with the organization's community impact strategies. This position will nurture relationships and work closely with cross functional staff teams and community partners to develop and write successful proposals, and report back to the grantors and key United Way stakeholders on how the funds are utilized.
- Identify resources and assist Sr. VP with resource development plan to secure funding from private and corporate foundations and government sources to support UWGT revenue goals, working closely with program and fundraising staff.
- Research and identify grant opportunities and analyze the fit for UWGT. Prepare recommendations for consideration by vetting team.
- Identify key foundation players and coordinate the development of larger-scale grant proposals around Community Impact & Community Outreach initiatives and programs.
- Cultivate and sustain positive productive relationships with new and existing corporate, private and government foundations on a local and national scale to broaden the base of grant support for UWGT.
- Coordinate and write grants and proposals that are needed on a regular basis by Community Impact, Community Outreach, and Resource Development staff.
- Work cross functionally with UWGT employees to fully understand and articulate program work and goals.
- Research and analyze statistical, social, economic and demographic data and literature to support UWGT initiatives and programs.
- Manage reporting requirements associated with receiving grant funding or contracts in partnership program staff and grant compliancy staff.
- Maintain and develop knowledge of current and evolving fund development, economic, political, legislative, technical, or general business trends that may affect UWGT’s ability to successfully receive grants.
- Utilize ANDAR for Fund Raisers software to track and manage relationships and relevant grant information.
- Manage the grant application process to ensure grant deadlines are met in timely fashion.
- Assist with donor recognition, e.g., recognition materials, sponsorships, events, etc.
- Attend selected community functions to network and promote United Way with key individuals
- Prepare and deliver reports as required.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree with emphasis in human services, community development, business or related field.
- Minimum of three years non-profit human service experience in grant writing, program development and grant prospect research.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of private foundations, corporate foundations, federal, state, and local funding opportunities and processes.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Knowledge of community, human services and non-profit environment.
- Strong relationship-building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must work well as part of a team and promote/support the goals of the organization as defined.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and manage multiple priorities, organize, interpret, and communicate data.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to conceptualize and develop strategies.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical skills - Analyze and process confidential data.
- Quantitative and qualitative research skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated ability to research and find information from the Internet.
- Proven comfort level working in a systems environment, with ability to learn and use new software and systems as required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects. Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines for grant opportunities.
- Ability to work in teams and in matrix assigned projects.
- Build and sustain productive relationships and facilitate collaboration with diverse individuals, groups and organizations.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter with salary requirements along with a resume.