STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
This position works with United Way of Greater Toledo staff, volunteers, campaign managers (CM) to successfully plan and implement workplace campaigns at assigned account portfolio.Serve as United Way representative and spokesperson in delivering the United Way message and conveying the needs of the community to encourage individual contributions, advocacy and community involvement
- Cultivate relationships with United Way staff, volunteers and campaign managers.
- Provide the highest standards of customer service and professionalism
- Provide support to the CM in planning campaigns.
- Conduct workplace employee presentations.
- Educate workplace employees about United Way of Greater Toledo and community needs.
- Assist in facilitating all workplace campaigns executed through the mail, Campaign-In-A-Box as required.
- Arrange all agency speaker and tour requests through the Speakers Bureau.
- Deliver and pick-up materials where needed for workplace campaigns.
- Collect and process pledge forms.
- Maintain accurate and updated account files in ANDAR Database.
- Analyze weekly reports on campaign progression.
- Follow through on all assigned campaign accounts to ensure that accurate and final reports are submitted to United Way of Greater Toledo.
- Assist Fellow colleagues with presentations, trainings, and deliveries as needed.
- Send thank you notes to all participating accounts assigned
- Identify and discuss potential problems or sensitive situations that may require adjustments in campaign strategies.
- Communicate frequently with United Way staff person and/or Sr. VP, Resource Development on the status of campaigns.
- Participate in a final analysis of the 2012 campaign and the Fellows Program.
- Attend a weekly meeting to receive important campaign information, share success stories and request assistance.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree with some experience in fund raising/sales.
- Experience working with volunteers.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Works appropriately and enthusiastically with others and responds appropriately.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule outside of standard office hours.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage time effectively.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including public speaking and writing.
- Demonstrated numerical aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare reports, present data in an understandable form.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Requires strong relationship building skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver high quality, accurate products while operating in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Must be able to maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Commit to position of Fellow for the dates of June 18, 2012 through December 21, 2012.
- Attend seven-day training session beginning on June 18, 2012 to become familiar with United Way of Greater Toledo, the campaign process, salesmanship, customer service skills and public speaking techniques.
- Must have immediate reliable transportation and a valid drivers license to deliver campaign materials and service assigned accounts as required.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter with salary requirements along with a resume.
View a pdf version of this document here.